July 1, 2008


Willie's Ginormous Canada Day Playlist!

Seeing as it's our nation's 141st birthday today, I thought it'd be fun to cull together a massive 141-song playlist, drawing from Canada's vast array of talent past and present.

You have no idea how difficult it was to think of 141 Canadian artists while ignoring Nickelback and its bastard inbred clones.

Naturally, a bunch of them are completely devoid of any web presence in the form of mp3's available for inclusion on this site (although I was blown away by some of the ones I was able to find; Sons of Freedom?!). And, with the new rules, I'm not bloody likely ripping and posting from my own collection.

Missing in Action:
Lee Aaron, Age of Electric, Barstool Prophets, Art Bergmann, Breach of Trust, BucketTruck, Change of Heart, Choke, Eric's Trip, Furnaceface, Glueleg, Grand Theft Bus, Haywire, Jet Set Satellite, Junkhouse, The Killjoys, Sass Jordan, Mudmen, Pluto, Slik Toxik, Stabilo, Staggered Crossing, Sunfish, Sven Gali, Tariq, 13 Engines, Wide Mouth Mason.


Oh well, the intentions were good, and all that. Enjoy this (still massive) 114 song playlist (minus any files that stubbornly won't play; not my fault, not my files). It's an eclectic, exhaustive, mercifully Nickelback-free mix.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

No comments: