June 23, 2008

George Carlin: 1937-2008

The world just became a lot less funny. Details here.

During my younger days, I looked up to many different people, and for a variety of reasons. However, of all those I admired, none shaped my life quite like George Carlin. See, here's the thing; incredibly funny as he was, he also made a lot of sense. It's not often that a comedian makes you think as much (sometimes more) as laugh. It made Carlin one of the best, and makes me value comedy and intelligence equally. It's why whenever I do a PV, or make a snarky remark about whatever's pissing me off, I try to make you think and laugh simultaneously.

However, if you need irrevocable proof of Carlin's influence, one needs look no further than virtually any Pissing Vinegar, and all the naughty language contained within them. While Dennis Miller's famous rants were no doubt an inspiration, I can't deny that my work (and Miller's, for that matter) wouldn't be the same if not for this:



That, kids, is a motherfucking legend.

No comments: